What can you do to improve your chances of having a girl next time, if you already have two sons and you want to have a girl? Is there any way to increase the odds in your favor of having a boy or a girl?
There is no simple way in which the sex of a child can be guaranteed, but the following Shettles System may help. Using this system is free; it absolutely does not cost you any money, only your determination and desire. At best, this system increases the chances of a child of a particular sex from 50% to 75%. It is definitely NOT a guarantee of success, but it is currently the most well known method for influencing gender without the use of medical procedures. The method is based on the premise that men produce two types of sperm, the X (female) and Y (male). The Y sperms are smaller and more delicate, but faster, than the X sperms (which are bigger, tougher and slower), the system is based on providing an environment which is more likely to help the type of sperm that matches your preference to get to the egg first.
There are 6 basic recommendations to follow:
1) Timing – the most critical aspect of this method (its called the Shettle’s method) is to time when you have intercourse. The closer to ovulation that you have sex, the better your chances of having a boy, because ovulation provides the most optimal time for conceiving, and male sperm are faster. If you have intercourse about 3 days prior to ovulation, you may maximize the chances for the slower but tougher female sperm, which are able to survive until the egg appears.
2) The pH of the woman’s tract is also important. A more alkaline environment is generally favorable to fertility and, therefore, favors the quicker, but more delicate, male sperm. For a girl, a douche of very diluted water and vinegar is done just before intercourse. For a boy, a douche of very diluted water and baking soda just before intercourse is indicated.
3) A woman’s tract is more acidic, the closer to the entrance of the vagina that the measurement is taken. Therefore, intercourse with shallow penetration may favor the conception of a girl, and intercourse with deeper penetration is believed to favor a boy being the result.
4) Orgasms in females produce a hormone, which makes their vaginal tract more alkaline and therefore more favorable for boys.
5) A high sperm count favors boys. To increase sperm count, The Shettle’s method recommends that you abstain from intercourse for up to three to four days before ovulation. Also, men should wear boxers rather than tight underpants. To reduce the sperm count, men should take a hot bath just before intercourse and couples should have as much intercourse as possible until 3 days before ovulation.
6) Drinking a cup of coffee just prior to intercourse tends to favor a boy.
To sum up all of the above:
To Increase the Chance of Having a Girl: Use a vaginal douche, consisting of 20 ml white vinegar in 500 ml of water, ten minutes before having sex. Have sex frequently in the seven to ten days before you ovulate. Have no sex from one day before ovulation until ten days after ovulation. Your partner should ejaculate just inside the vagina, and not deeply inside. Your partner should withdraw immediately after ejaculation. It is better for the woman not to have an orgasm.
To Increase the Chance of Having a Boy: Ten minutes before sex, use a vaginal douche consisting of 5 g of baking soda in 500 mg of water. Have no sex from the end of your period until the day ovulation occurs. Have sex twice daily from the day of ovulation until four days afterward. Your partner should ejaculate deep inside the vagina. Your partner should withdraw immediately after ejaculation. It is better for woman to have an orgasm; ideally just before ejaculation.